Transcribing your YouTube videos is great for SEO and for accessibility, but it’s not always clear just how to do it. Here’s what to do:
- Log into your YouTube account and click on your profile pic in the top right and click on Creator Studio.
- Find the video that you want to edit and click on “edit’.
- Then click on the “Subtitles/CC” link at the top right of the page.
- It may want you to choose a language. Go ahead and do that.
- You will then have the choice of typing in your transcription or uploading it. If you upload it, make sure you save it as a .txt file with a title that includes your keywords. I like to create txt files with Notepad.
- Then be sure to save your work.