Every once in a while, I like to share the resources that make my life easier. Recently I found SendAnywhere.com. I rarely plug my phone into my computer, so this is an easy way to get images or other files from my phone to my desktop or from device to device. It makes it easy to share full resolution images with other people. And there is no login or computer download required. I did have to install the app on my phone, but from there, I choose what file to send and then just pull up SendAnywhere.com and type in the 6 digit code that is automatically generated. No one has to login. The only downside is that the code is only good for up to 24 hours, but I guess that makes it more secure, so only send a file to someone else if you know they are there to accept it.
- Send unlimited files of any size to any device
(1GB sending limit without downloading software to computer)
- No software to download on your computer
(only to your mobile device)
- No need to login – even on the app!
- Secure: file only available for 10 mins and completely deleted from server once downloaded
- Compatible with Android, iOS, Window phone, Window desktop, Mac, Linux and Chrome
- Share an entire folder
- Choose to use a 24 hour sharing link instead of 10 mins & allow multiple downloads for sharing with group
(must download software to your computer to enable this)
It should also be noted that I’m also a big fan of Dropbox, for when I need access to a file for longer. What’s your favorite tool for file sharing?