Don’t get me wrong – I hate popups. But if you need a popup on your site, Popup Box is a great plugin to use. It’s super simple to set up and I like all the options that come in the free version.
- I don’t like that the demo popup is set to be visible by default. So don’t just activate the popup and leave. Make sure you disable that right away so it doesn’t show for very long on your site.
- Only options seem to be to trigger popup on page load or on click. I would like to see an option for leaving the page.
What I love
- Easy to customize background color or use a background image – without knowing code.
- If you do know code, you can customize your CSS.
- Looks great on mobile or you can disable on mobile.
- Unlimited number of popups can be created
I found I didn’t need to write any code for this. The free options were more than enough to customize my text, size, and colors. Choosing the popup placement was also easy. You can also schedule the popup and choose where you want it to show and for how long. There was lots of documentation, but I didn’t feel I needed any. It was easy to use right out of the box. I chose to uncheck the option to show the title or description so that I could better customize the look of my popup.
I’ve been using another popup plugin, but will be changing all my popups over to this one.